Vasectomy near Reno Nevada
If you live in or near Reno Nevada and are interested in a vasectomy, you have come to the right place.
The procedure that Dr. Sussman performs is a very simple vasectomy procedure. The entire process takes about 20-25 minutes in most cases to complete.
- We will numb the skin of the scrotum.
- Second, a tiny opening, approximately a 1/4 of an inch, is then made.
- The vas will then be safely and effectively transected and cauterized.
- Finally, the tiny entry site will then be closed with a stitch that dissolves in 10 days.
Before you come in
There are a couple of requirements you need to follow before you come in for your vasectomy procedure.
- Do not take pain relievers, such as aspirin and NSAIDs (ie. Motrin, Naprosyn) at least 7 days before the procedure as this may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Please do not shave the scrotal area because this will be done in our office. Shaving at home increases the risk of skin infections which could result in the postponement of your procedure.
After the procedure
Lastly, we ask that you curtail 3 activities after your procedure:
- No heavy lifting or exercise
- No sexual activity
- No going under water (ie. Bathing, swimming).
All of these restrictions should be followed for 4-5 days. Showers the following day are allowed.
To schedule your safe, quick, and pain-free procedure, call Dr. Sussman today at (702) 293-0176.